Well, it’s been a while since my last post, but I’ve come to the decision that the roof will need to be redone. Right now, there is corrugated steel sheeting nailed directly to the frame of the shed. Over time, water has begun to leak through the holes where the nails go through the sheeting and into the 2×4’s underneath.

After doing a bit of research on the web, it became clear that simply cleaning the existing steel roof, and painting it, would be too much work and would not last as long as a traditional asphalt-shingled roof with proper underlayment.

In addition, we’ve begun cleaning up the inside of the shed, and we moved-in a freezer that we found locally so we can start utilizing the Costco-sized frozen food. Each time we clean the shed, we fill both our garbage bin and our recycle bin. So, I guess that’s a good start. Furthermore, we have taken 3 Volvo-sized loads to Goodwill/Value Village.

It’s a process, but we’re making slow and steady progress . . .